Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sometimes you just get lucky


Lucky Swiss
Originally uploaded by Bueno Snippy Snappy
My friend Khider asked me if I had called ahead to SwissAir to see if they had any exit row seats. Well, I did that and for probably one of the few times in my life I was actually too early and they weren’t able yet to assign any seats. So, oh well I thought; I’ll just call back later. Naturally, as it is my typical modus operandi, I forgot to call them back. When I checked in online, I was asked to select my seat and since I wasn’t familiar with SwissAir’s configuration of the A380, I was very much in the dark. I selected 29G and all I can say is take note of that if you ever find yourself on SwissAir’s A380.
Still, when I arrived at the airport I decided to inquire about business class. After hearing the price (for an upgrade, it was double what I paid), I decided that cramped quarters was going to be just fine for me. I decided that my “entertronics” were going to soften the blow.
Low and behold, 29G was a seat just behind one of the bulkheads which basically meant that I had more legroom than business class and just a little less than first. (If the business upgrade was an additional doubling of my fare, I wonder what first costs.) The only differences were of course the bigger seats that reclined into beds and the ottomans in first class. Yes, there were personal ottomans in first class.
All things considered and still safely within my budget, the flight over was amazing.

No comments: