Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Stevie Nicks is a class act...even if some of her fans are not


I went to a Stevie Nicks show the other night at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. In case you don't know who Stevie is, she's a huge rockstar and she's in that little ol' Rock Star Hall of Fame as part of a band called Fleetwood Mac. So, yes, she's big time and easily one of my favorite musicians and entertainers. I don't know her personally or anything like that but the lady seems like a class act. She's been visiting with our troops and figuring out ways for her and her famous peers to bring iPods to troops.

I had pretty good seats; looking straight on at the stage. Unfortunately, much to my dismay and also to those around me, the people sitting two rows behind me were drunk, rowdy, rude, uncouth, the list goes on. So what's wrong with being a little drunk and loud at a rock concert you say? Well, let me explain.

The event and Stevie's mini concert was actually a charitable event. It was put on by Cal State Fullerton and the university plans to use the proceeds from the event to fund scholarships for students. That's right, educate America's youth. At the same time, Cal State Fullerton, was also using the event to bestow and award one of their highest honors to The Orangewood Childrens Foundation for the charitable and admirable work that they have been doing in Orange County. Well, these five idiots behind me actually booed the award ceremony. Tough to believe but it's true. So, yeah, maybe the event producer laid it on a little thick and tempted the audience a tad too long by dangling the Stevie Nicks carrot, but come on people, boo-ing a charitable foundation that rescues abused children? Was that really necessary?!@#??

No comments: